Friday 22 July 2011

Race Report - Tri Athy Olympic

So billed as Ireland's fastest triathlon this was a race I was lookin forward to. flat and with an easy swim it should suit me and my weaker swim skillset.
I arrived on a glorious day to set up.
This attracts a large entry of around 2,500 athletes and is well organised.
The swim was an upstream and back downstream one with not much current. I faded a bit here and came out of the water in 30mins, not the worst but hoped for better.
A relatively good transition and then out into the bike course. Now this was billed as the fastest as in previous years the bike was an out and back the main road so perfect. Not this year, it turned off the main road at 5k and included some inclines, hairpins, turns etc before back out to the main road and out towards turnaround point. Still a decent bike course and I came in around the 1hr 8mark. I took my time in t2 putting socks on for the 10k run and headed out along the river for it. I was chasing a few club mates but they has stronger runs and I couldn't gain any ground.
My run split was 44mins and nottingham best. Stomach cramped a bit here and I'm not certain why but will try adjust nutrition in next race to see.

Total time 2 hrs 27 mins and an enjoyable day.
It is a good race and I recommend it to all. I'll be back next year to better my time!


Cheers,

Fazz


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


No comments:

Post a Comment